Residential/Light Commercial HVAC Maintenance, Service/Installation Technician
Copeland & Son Air Conditioning and Heating Service, Inc. is looking for a Residential/Light Commercial HVAC Maintenance, Service/ Installation Technician. You'll experience the rewards of growing your career among those with a passion for excellence and our commitment of providing our technicians with a better alternative; allowing the power of buying instead of the pressure of selling.
Ready for a change? Take the initiative.
As a Residential/Light Commercial HVAC Maintenance & Service / Installation Technician you will have daily interactions with customers in their home and/or office while applying your technical skills & knowledge to diagnose existing equipment and/or install new equipment. Provide solutions for customers Air Conditioning and Heating needs. This position is responsible for performing HVAC Maintenance, Service and/or Installation work as assigned in accordance with facility and factory standards.
- Position Title: Residential/Light Commercial HVAC Maintenance & Service / Installation Technician
- Position Type: Full-Time (Hours may vary) Arrive on time and ready to begin work every day. 8:00 a.m
- Unless notified to arrive earlier – May consists of OT. - On-Call Shift Rotation
- Position Location: Middle Tennessee and Surrounding Areas
- Position Benefits:
- Uniform program
- Health Insurance program offered after waiting period
- Retirement Plan with up to 3% match after waiting period
- Four paid Holidays after one year of continuance employment
- One week vacation pay after one year of continuance employment / Two weeks’ vacation pay after five years of continuance employment
- Opportunity for advancement
Position’s Required Qualifications:
Provide a Valid T.D.L. Driver's License and Clean Driving Record. Must have own transportation. EPA Certified. High School Diploma or equivalent. Proven minimum 3 years of work experience in the HVAC industry. Have the ability to raise, manipulate and maneuver tools, components and materials and handle a variety of items, equipment, wiring, motors, etc. Must be able to use body members to work, stand, walk, sit, climb, move, bend, squat, and kneel; lift and/or carry objects up to 130 lbs; and/or push, pull heavy objects with device assistance. Must have proper vision (including but not limited to seeing objects far away, close up, differentiate color, and/or wear required eye protection. Must be able to hear normal sounds with background noise, warning alarms/sirens, and/or wear required hearing protection. Must be able to read, write, comprehend and speak English.
Position Tasks and Responsibilities:
Technician must have the ability to and/or working knowledge to perform the following tasks (examples may include but are not limited to):
- Arrive before start time and meet the attendance requirements of the job
- Respond to Air Conditioning & Heating Preventative Maintenance calls, travel to customer location, professionally greet customer, and perform Preventative Maintenance to prevent costly breakdowns by using light accounting, wiring diagrams, cleaning outdoor and indoor coils, replacing filters, motors, fans, and/or belts while having excellent attention to details
- Respond to Air Conditioning & Heating problem calls, travel to customer location, professionally greet customer, and analyze, diagnose, troubleshoot malfunctioning equipment and/or electrical problems by using knowledge of HVAC equipment, wiring diagrams, and/or power tools while providing options and associated costs for repairs in a professional, honest and ethical manner that can be understood by the customer in a timely manner
- Provide repairs to existing equipment (including but not limited to repairing or replacing thermostats, wiring, contactors, capacitors, blower motors and/or blower assembly, compressors, condenser coils, condensation drain lines, fan blades, evaporator coils, refrigerant lines, and other functional components of the equipment
- Assist with Installations, Start-ups, and/or Air Balancing as required by supervisor (including but not limited to Condensers, Heat Exchangers, Air Handlers, Gas Packs, Humidifiers, Ductwork, UV Lights, Air Cleaners, Gas Lines, Gas Fireplaces, Attic Insulation, Light Plumbing, and/or Water Heaters)
- Provide proper documentation to customer for proper operation and Preventative Maintenance and/or Installation.
- Ensure all maintenance, repairs and/or installations are accurate, serviceable and materials used and workmanship meet the requirements of applicable technical/safety standards and regulatory codes
- Determine parts to order for repairs, timeliness of need, and pick up parts as needed
- Transport materials and tools to the job site and provide proper accounting of tools and materials
- Complete all digital Statements on services provided for each job sync information, explain warranties, provide training to customers on electronic control systems operations and collect payment from customers as needed
- Responsible for all assigned items. (Examples may include but not limited to): Ipad, phone, chargers
- No personal phone calls during working hours and is responsible to keep battery charged daily
- Communicate professionally with dispatch and/or supervisor to discuss any complications on the job site, call completion, or order parts as necessary
- Maintain and fuel vehicle while keeping it stocked with adequate parts for each season. While providing own power tools, gauges, and hand tools
- Inspect vehicle on a daily basis and keeping management aware of repairs and maintenance service
- Maintain an organized, clean and safe workspace
- Maintain a well-managed appearance. Wear assigned company uniform and protective shoes and any required safety items.
- Work in normal and extreme conditions as needed (including but not limited to whole body vibrations, hand vibrations, inside or outside work, hot or cold temperatures, sudden temperature change, confined spaces, adequate or inadequate ventilation, loud noises, fumes/vapors/mist/dust, and/or sharp edges)
- Must ensure that tools, etc. that was used on a customer’s location is returned to the company truck, warehouse and accounted for.
- Observe all Company Safety rules, Employee Handbook requirements and regulations in the performance of tasks.
- Adhere to all local, state and federal laws, building codes practices and regulations
- Adhere to the system that allows the customer to buy without the pressure of the technician to sell
- Turning a profit for the company is a mandatory requirement
- Other duties as assigned
All applicants may be subject to completely satisfy the Job Description and Conditional Employment Offer prior to employment. All applicants are required to pass a pre-employment drug test and background check. Copeland & Son Air Conditioning and Heating Service, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer.
To be considered for an interview, click HERE.
Copyright: Copeland & Son Air Conditioning and Heating Service, Inc.