Keep Your Home and Family Safe From the Invisible Killer

Carbon monoxide is an odorless, colorless and toxic gas. Because it is impossible to see, taste or smell the toxic fumes, CO can kill you before you are aware it is in your home. At lower levels of exposure, CO causes mild effects that are often mistaken for the flu. These symptoms include headaches, dizziness, disorientation, nausea and fatigue. The effects of CO exposure can vary greatly depending on age, overall health and the concentration and length of exposure.

It is most important to be sure combustion equipment is maintained and properly adjusted. Vehicular use should be carefully managed adjacent to buildings and in vocational programs. Additional ventilation can be used as a temporary measure when high levels of CO are expected for short periods of time.

  • Keep gas appliances properly adjusted.
  • Consider purchasing a vented space heater when replacing an unvented one.
  • Use proper fuel in kerosene space heaters.
  • Install and use an exhaust fan vented to outdoors over gas stoves.
  • Open flues when fireplaces are in use.
  • Choose properly sized wood stoves that are certified to meet EPA emission standards. Make certain that doors on all wood stoves fit tightly.
  • Have a trained professional inspect, clean, and tune-up central heating systems (furnaces, flues, and chimneys) annually. Repair any leaks promptly.
  • Do not idle the car inside garage.
You might wonder:
"Does the carbon monoxide alarm we have protect us?"

If you have a carbon monoxide alarm purchased from a retailer, you are at risk of exposure. These UL alarms allow you to be exposed for up to 3 1/2 hours before the alarm goes off. Low levels of carbon monoxide can cause health problems in women that are pregnant, infants and young children, the elderly, and those with pre-existing health concerns. Carbon monoxide is the number one cause of poisoning in the United States.

The only TRUE protection is a Low Level CO Monitor in addition to a UL alarm. Please contact our office today to request more information on the best Low Level CO Monitors.
$10
Furnace Repair Nashville TN | Copeland and Son Heating and Air Conditioning Service, Inc.
SUPER SAVINGS
Off a Low Level CO Monitor and Gas Alarm
*Only valid with work performed. Must be presented at time of purchase. Not to be combined with any other offers. Not valid on prior services. Call our office for more details. This coupon does not expire.
Furnace Repair Nashville TN | Copeland and Son Heating and Air Conditioning Service, Inc.
24/7 Emergency Service  •  (615) 244-9520  •  or  •  Schedule Service Online
24 Hour Emergency Service
(615) 244-9520
Fill Out Our Online Form
Call for reliable AC replacement in Nashville TN.
Contact Information
We offer technical excellence along with a promise of integrity and knowledgeable workmanship to all of our customers in the Nashville, Tennessee area since 1981.
2510 Eugenia Ave. • Nashville, TN 37211
(615) 244-9520
(615) 242-0818
Monday - Friday  |  7:00am - 4:00pm
 
Get in Touch
Do you have a last minute emergency? Is it time to complete that new installation? We are here to help guide you every step of the way!
Schedule Service
Get an Estimate

Delivering WOW Through Service

Google Map of Copeland & Son Air Conditioning and Heating Service Inc.
Click to view full map